Friday, December 8, 2006

Okra (Bhindi) with Yogurt


There are so many diffrent way the same dish can be made, okra can be cut different way, he quatity of yogurt in it can vary and you can even omit to add onion or tomato to it. I tried it those ways too, this is what i liked the most among all other ways to make it. Here is how I made it.


Ingredients:
250 gms Okra(bhindi) cut into 1 inch pieces each
1 onion finely chopped
1 tomato cut in midium size
1 cup Yogurt, whisked until smooth
1 table spoon oil
1 tablespoon garlic paste
Coriender leaves finely chopped
4-5 curry leaves
half teablespoon of cumin seeds,mustard seeds each
1 tablespoon red chilli powder.Turmeric and salt to your taste

Method:
Heat oil in a Kadhai . On medium heat add mustard seeds, cumin and curry leaves. when they start spluttering , add onions, sauté until soft and lightly browned, then add okra pieces. Cook until Okra is non sticky, then tomatoes and stir in red chilli powder, turmeric,salt and garlic paste. Reduce the heat and add yougurt in it, let them simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes .
when the yogurt gravy turns little thicker add chopped coriender leaves and turn off the heat.
Serve when hot.
Tastes best when served with Roti and green Salad.


I posted this recipe in the very initail day of startig of this blog, and it is one of the Most liked dish of Okra at our place. This is so simple to make and tasty . A perfect dish for me and all those who loves okra and curd ... :D . combining these two together in one dish , what can be more pleasant for curd & okra lovers!
There are two reason I posted this recipe here again, one is I like it so much that I wish to share it with all of you, specially to those who loves Okra. Second is due to certain changes in atmosphere here I am caught in cold and flue :(( , so couldn't manage to prepare a new dish at all though I have many more resipe with okra in my mind but the health was against me, and was feeling bit sickness too, so hubby told me to get complete rest,even the normal meal was ordered from outside.:D
I keep my fingers crossed to get outta it soon. At least tomorrow I am gonna present a dish which I will manage to prepare today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

All these recipes look so good! Its amazing how much combined creativity we can collect.

Anonymous said...

Hi Pooja,how are you feeling now?Hope you get well soon dear.

We also cook okra with yogurt.tastes good.

Pooja said...

Hi
Creativecook : really its mazing to know that together we can really do wonders ! thanks for dropping by here.
Vini : I am still not out of flue :( , hope to recover soon.
thanks for your wishes.

-Pooja

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...